We’re learning that you can make just about anything in your instant pot, including these Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes! No more waiting for them to roast in the oven, you can have perfectly “baked” potatoes done and on your table in under 30 minutes.
If you like this recipe you definitely want to try our Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes!
We used yellow sweet potatoes in this recipe, but orange sweet potatoes (yams), russet potatoes, or yellow potatoes can also be cooked in your slow cooker using the same method.
Make sure to adjust your time. If your potatoes are smaller, they may cook in just 10 minutes. For large potatoes, adjust the time accordingly. It works best if all of your potatoes are similar in size to avoid some cooking faster than others.
Looking for more Sweet Potatoes?! You’ll love these Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes!
What is an Instant Pot?
Haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? Well, you may want to consider it just for this recipe alone!
Instant Pot is a seven-in-one multi-cooker that works as an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, warmer, and sauté pan all in one.
Sounds a little too good to be true, but we promise it’s worth every penny! I haven’t used my slow cooker in weeks, which is saying a lot for this 3-4 times a week slow cooking girl!
Check out the reviews on the Instant Pot on Amazon and join the 1000’s of people who LOVE it! You can read about it HERE.
If you love these instant pot sweet potatoes, you need to try our instant pot dr pepper pulled pork! It’s so moist and full of flavor.
How to cook baked sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot:
Using your trivet or a steamer basket/shelf is key in cooking potatoes. You don’t want your potatoes on the bottom of your pot or touching the water.
- Wash and scrub potatoes to remove any dirt or grime. Rub your sweet potatoes with some salt and pepper to flavor the skin a little bit. (Eating the skin is totally optional, but it gives the whole potato a better taste!)
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. This is another crucial step. Without the water, your potatoes won’t cook!
- Place your potatoes on top of your trivet, and seal your instant pot. Make sure your knob is turned to sealing or your Instant Pot will not pressurize.
- Set your Instant Pot to 15 minutes on manual, or on high pressure. After the 15 minutes, let the steam naturally release for 20 minutes to allow them to finish cooking.
- Remove from Instant Pot and slice in half. Perfect potatoes every single time!
Looking for more Sweet Potato recipes?! Try our Mom’s Sweet Potatoes, they turn out amazing every time!
More Instant Pot Recipes like our Baked Sweet Potatoes on Six Sisters’ Stuff:
Looking for more delicious instant pot recipes to try? Here are a few of our favorites!
- The BEST Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Easy Sesame Chicken
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta
- Twice Baked Bacon and Chives Sweet Potatoes
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes
Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3 sweet potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon dried chives
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Place trivet or steamer basket into your Instant Pot.
- Place potatoes on trivet and season with salt and pepper.
- Put on and seal lid, cook on manual or high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let the steam naturally release for 20 minutes to allow them to finish cooking.
- Remove from potatoes Instant Pot, and slice in half.
- Top sweet potatoes with butter, sour cream, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and dried chives.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- We used yellow sweet potatoes in this recipe, but orange sweet potatoes (yams), russet potatoes, or yellow potatoes can also be cooked in your slow cooker using the same method.
- Instant Pot
- Trivet for Instant Pot
This post was included in our 20 of the BEST Things to Make in the Instant Pot video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
In this video, we’re sharing the 6 easiest things to make in your Instant Pot!