This isn’t my typical meal, but I’ll tell you what – my kids LOVED it! It was very quick and easy to make – I even let my husband throw it together. You can also make this over the fire with a rack that sits on the fire and skillet. Either way you make it, it is fun and delicious!
Chili Campfire Bake Recipe
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 15 ounces chili
- 7 ounces corn chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter).
- Pour 3 cups of cold water into skillet. Make sure the water covers the pasta.
- Turn the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes (optional: add a bit of salt to taste).
- Cook on high, stirring occasionally until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add chili and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and top with corn chips and Cheddar cheese. Serve immediately