Holidays are a big deal around our house with the kiddos. My mom makes her famous Layered Jello for Christmas, but I thought it would be perfect to make for St. Patrick’s Day. We made it a little more festive by adding some whipped cream and white pearl sprinkles on top to make it look like a cloud on top of a rainbow. My kids loved helping me make these Rainbow Jello Cups for our family St. Patrick’s Day party! They thought it was so cool they were eating a “rainbow!” Haha!
RELATED RECIPE: BE SURE TO TRY THIS EASY AND DELICOUS CREAMY CHERRY WHIP SALAD. THE PERFECT SIDE DISH FOR ANY MEAL.
Rainbow Jello Cups Recipe
- 5 3 ounce boxes Jello (red, orange, yellow, green, blue)
- 2½ cups sour cream
- whipped cream for topping
- sprinkles (I used these sugar pearls )
- Stir the first package of Jello with one cup of boiling water until dissolved.
- Pour half of the mixture into another bowl.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup sour cream into one half of the Jello mixture.
- Pour the creamy Jello layer into 8 clear plastic cups placed on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk 3 Tablespoons cold water into the other half of the Jello mixture and set aside on the countertop.
- After the creamy layer of Jello has set up, remove from fridge and pour the other half of the Jello on top.
- Put back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Repeat for each layer.
- When done, top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles.