So let’s talk gingerbread for a little bit. When I think of gingerbread I only think of hard gingerbread that you make gingerbread houses out of. Well, I’m here to change everything you think about gingerbread!
This Gingerbread Loaf and Glaze is so delicious and perfect for your next party or even neighbor gifts!
Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
This gingerbread loaf and glaze is so delicious and perfect for your next party or even neighbor gifts!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 ¼ teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons milk more or less if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x5 inch bread pan with nonstick foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, and applesauce.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl cream together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled gingerbread loaf. Allow to set up for 1 hour (or if you can't wait you can serve it immediately, but I like it best when the frosting has a chance to set up a bit!). Store in airtight container.
Calories: 531 kcal · Carbohydrates: 93 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 17 g · Saturated Fat: 11 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 46 mg · Sodium: 606 mg · Potassium: 89 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 73 g · Vitamin A: 548 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 36 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- 9x5 loaf pans
- Mixing Bowl
Questions & Reviews