We love lemon desserts. And this Starbucks Copycat Lemon Pound Cake ranks right at the top.
It’s super moist and bursting with lemon flavor with every bite. Then top it off with a delicious lemon glaze and it’s absolutely Heavenly!
We like using fresh lemon juice for the best lemon flavor. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
This recipe makes two loaves, so you can eat one now and then eat one 10 minutes later after you finish the first loaf. 🙂 Or you can be a good neighbor and share with someone who could use a little sunshine in their lives!
Whatever you do with both loaves, you will be so glad you have this recipe. It’s pretty much amazing!
What does sour cream do in baking?
Sour cream is usually thought of as a potato topping. But it is great in so many recipes. Even in baking.
Because of the creamy texture with sour cream, it can be added to baked goods for a moist result.
And you can always substitute light sour cream for an even healthier option when a recipe calls for regular sour cream.
Sour cream can be easily add to cakes and cookies for an even moister outcome. One of our favorite sugar cookie recipes has sour cream in the ingredients. They are the softest and yummiest cookies that have been in our family for years.
If you have a recipe that tends to be on the dry side, just add in a little sour cream for a moist result. Especially if you are at a higher elevation.
How to make Starbucks Copycat Lemon Pound Cake
You’ll need 2 9 x 5 inch loaf pans because this amazing recipes makes 2 loaves.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
Combine the lemon cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, water, and lemon juice on medium speed.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the loaf cool in the pan for about 30 minutes.
Then remove from pan to cool completely.
For the glaze mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over each loaf.
Slice and serve.
Helpful items used in making Starbucks Copycat Lemon Pound Cake
- Hand Mixer – This hand mixer is our favorite. We love the pulse button.
- Loaf Pans – This loaf pan is so nice and non stick.
- Wood Cutting Board – We use wood cutting boards for slicing as well as serving.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Here are more delicious quick bread recipes that we know you’ll enjoy:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Pineapple Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Frosting
- Sweet Molasses Pound Cake
- Double Chocolate Pound Cake Serves: 16
Starbucks Copycat Lemon Pound Cake RecipeStarbucks famous Lemon Pound Cake can be made right at home with this easy and delicious recipe!
- 15.25 ounces Lemon Cake Mix 1 box, (I used Duncan Hines brand)
- 3.4 ounces Instant lemon pudding mix 1 box
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice (add more or less, depending on how thick or thin you like your glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter into each of the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in loaf pan for about 30 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Mix together glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
We like to use fresh lemon juice in this recipe. But bottled lemon juice works great too.
NutritionCalories: 251 kcal · Carbohydrates: 34 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 13 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g · Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 48 mg · Sodium: 281 mg · Potassium: 131 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 18 g · Vitamin A: 150 IU · Vitamin C: 2 mg · Calcium: 63 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- 9×5 loaf pans (2)
- Large Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Small Mixing Bowl
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Questions & Reviews