I wish candle companies could really capture the smell of Gingerbread in candles, but I guess I will just continue to bake these cookies until they do 🙂 Not mad about it! These Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies are a Christmas staple at our house! You will love them! They are so easy to make and honestly taste amazing!
Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup molasses
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt until well combined.
- In a separate medium size bowl, combine butter, egg, molasses, milk, and sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until the cookie dough is made and thick.
- Shape Cookie Dough into one inch balls and roll into powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the center is no longer doughy.
- Remove from oven after baking and enjoy!
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet