It’s time for Halloween and the Gingerbread Mummy Cookies are sure to make an appearance at our family Halloween party!
We are so excited for cooler temperatures, all the beautiful colors of fall and of course Halloween!
The gingerbread cookie is soft and chewy and loaded with molasses flavor! Topped with a rich and smooth cream cheese frosting.
Our kids ate every last mummy!!
Looking for more Halloween recipes?
- Halloween Graveyard Pudding Cups
- Easy Candy Corn Fudge
- Mummy Donut Holes
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Halloween Mummy Brownies
- Spooky Oreo Cheesecake Trifle
- Melted Witch Cupcakes
Gingerbread Mummy Cookies Recipe
- ¾ cup margarine softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ½ to 3 cups flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 60 candy eyeballs
- Cream together margarine, sugar, salt, egg, and molasses. Then add in cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda, and flour.
- If dough if too sticky chill for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all together. Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with a cookie cutter shape. I used a 3 1/2 inch tall little gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 8 to 9 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet and then place on a cooling rack.
- Frost when cooled.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, vanilla and 1 teaspoon milk with a hand mixer. Gradually add in powdered sugar.
- If too runny add more powdered sugar, if too thick add a little more milk.
- Pipe icing onto cooled cookies like mummy wraps. Stick on eyes with a little dot of frosting on the back of each eyeball.
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Large Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie cutters