We are so excited for cooler temperatures, all the beautiful colors of fall and of course Halloween!
We have a family Halloween party every year that we look forward too!
These cute Gingerbread Mummy cookies are sure to be a hit at our party this year.
The gingerbread cookie is soft and chewy and loaded with molasses flavor! Topped with a rich and smooth cream cheese frosting.
Our kids ate every last mummy!!
Looking for more Halloween recipes?
- Halloween Graveyard Pudding Cups
- Easy Candy Corn Fudge
- Mummy Donut Holes
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Halloween Mummy Brownies
- Spooky Oreo Cheesecake Trifle
- Melted Witch Cupcakes
Gingerbread Mummy Cookies Recipe
- ¾ cup margarine softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 60 candy eyeballs
- Cream together margarine, sugar, salt, egg, and molasses. Then add in cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda, and flour.
- If dough if too sticky chill for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all together. Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with a cookie cutter shape. I used a 3 1/2 inch tall little gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 8 to 9 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet and then place on a cooling rack.
- Frost when cooled.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, vanilla and 1 teaspoon milk with a hand mixer. Gradually add in powdered sugar.
- If too runny add more powdered sugar, if too thick add a little more milk.
- Pipe icing onto cooled cookies like mummy wraps. Stick on eyes with a little dot of frosting on the back of each eyeball.
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Large Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie cutters