what other cake flavor would be good with this combination?
We are total cake people. If it has a fluffy, moist bottom, and is smothered in a frosting-like substance, we are all over it.
This Strawberries and Cream Cake is out of this world delicious, and full of flavor. It’s better than Strawberry Shortcake.
Here are a few other flavor combinations that would taste amazing with this cake.
- Lemon Cake Mix
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- Chocolate Cake Mix (try our Black Forest Cake Recipe with this one)
Be creative with your cake and try what you think your favorite would be. The lemon cake mix with the strawberries and cream is one of our favorite.
It tastes like a strawberry lemonade cake, and it is to die for.
Tips to make the perfect cake:
I do love homemade cake, but cake mix cake is just as good, and extremely easy. I am all about shortcuts, and cake mix was calling my name for this one.
- Make your cake as directed on the box. Always cook your cake for the lesser amount of time as the box directs. For example, if your cake says 25-30 minutes, always cook it until the 25 minute mark.
- Make the cream using a hand mixer.
- Cream cheese can be a little difficult to work with, unless you cream it on it’s own first. I have found that when I cream the cream cheese by itself with an electric hand mixer, that it always seems to be more creamy with no lumps.
- Fold in your whipped cream. If you fold in your whipped cream instead of mixing it in with a hand mixer, it will be way fluffier and thick.
- Wait for your cake to cool. This is key in making a well set up, and layered cake. If you put your cream on while your cake is even slightly warm, it will melt, and make a strange texture when it does set up. We highly recommend letting your cake cool completely, before adding the cream layer to it.
- Fresh strawberries work best. We have found that this cake is more rich, thick, and delicious when we use fresh strawberries, not frozen. If you use frozen, they are definitely more soggy, and won’t set up as well with the gel.
related recipe: love strawberries and cream? Try our favorite strawberries and cream poke cake!
watch how to make another one of our favorite strawberry dessert recipes here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Strawberry Fruit Pizza Recipe, here:
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
Strawberries and Cream Cake Recipe
- 15.25 ounces white cake mix 1 box
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cool whip 1 container, (lite is fine if you want to use it!)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 package Strawberry Danish Dessert
- Prepare as directed on cake mix and divide batter into 2 round cake pans or one 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Bake according to directions on cake mix and let cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Sread evenly over cake.
- Mix the Danish Dessert with 1 3/4 cups water. Cook according to package directions. Let cool slightly, then fold in the strawberries. Let cool completely before spreading over cakes (I usually put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes).
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve it (I usually like to refrigerate it for about 2 hours before serving).
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!