go without the icing and replace it with something sweet:
For this recipe, the icing is really what gets me. It is so yummy and so simple to just whip up. It’s full of flavor and pairs perfectly with these banana cookies.
If you need a quick sweet topping for these cookies, I highly recommend trying it.
However, if you don’t have time to whip it up, or are looking for a replacement, we have a few delicious add – in ideas that would taste absolutely delicious with these cookies. Here is what we recommend:
- M & M’s
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Chocolate Chips
- Walnuts or pecans
- Cream cheese swirls
- Butterscotch Chips
what is the best way to store these cookies?
I love this recipe, and my family does as well, that we usually don’t have many leftover. However, if you do have some leftover, the best way to store them is putting them in the fridge.
We recommend placing them in an air tight storage container, and putting them in the fridge.
If you aren’t going to eat them for more than a week, we recommend freezing them. Again the best way to freeze them is placing them in an airtight storage container and putting them in the freezer.
They will last nicely in the freezer for about 2 weeks, and in the fridge, about 3-5 days.
To thaw them, we recommend placing them in the fridge overnight and serving them the next day. We don’t recommend microwaving them, because the frosting will melt and lose it’s amazing texture. We also think these are delicious when they are partially frozen and cold. So yummy.
watch how to make another banana cookie favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Frosted Banana Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas ripened and mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3¼ cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 bananas ripened and smashed
- 3 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on the consistency that you like)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar, butter, shortening, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add bananas and then mix in the eggs.
- Blend in buttermilk. Add the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over-beat. It will be a sticky batter. Drop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread over cooled cookies.
- The best way to store them is putting them in the fridge.
- We recommend placing them in an air tight storage container, and putting them in the fridge.
- If you aren’t going to eat them for more than a week, we recommend freezing them. Again the best way to freeze them is placing them in an airtight storage container and putting them in the freezer.
- Mixing Bowl (2)
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Cookie Sheet
Never Miss Another Six Sisters’ Recipe Again:
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!