We are the biggest chocolate fans. We basically eat it in any form. But these banana bites remove any guilt because bananas are good for you….RIGHT? And if they are dipped in a chocolate/peanut butter mixture, then that adds a whole new twist!
Peanut butter is a good source of protein, so these have got to be considered as a healthy snack? At least we’ll keep telling ourselves that they are.
The kids will love helping you make these. The only cooking involved is melting the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. And if they are too young to do that, they can choose their own toppings for the banana bites.
Are milk chocolate chips better than semi sweet for this recipe?
This recipe was originally made with semi sweet chocolate chips. But the last time we made them, we only had milk chocolate chips on hand. Both are delicious.
So, it’s really up to you. If you are a milk chocolate chip lover, then you will want to use milk chocolate chips. If dark semi sweet chocolate chips are your jam, then use the semi sweet.
Even though we used milk chocolate chips, we still sprinkled the tops of some banana bites with mini semi sweet chocolate chips, and they tasted so yummy.
what ingredients are needed for frozen chocolate and peanut butter banana bites?
To make these amazing Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites, you need 3 main ingredients. Those main ingredients include:
- Chocolate Chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Creamy Peanut Butter
Then you can add on sorts of optional toppings. Here are a few of the optional toppings we used for our banana bites:
- Crushed Peanuts
- Miniature Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Shredded Coconut
These are optional, and you can easily add any other toppings of your own liking.
how to make Frozen chocolate and peanut butter banana bites
- Cover a small cookie sheet or baking dish with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Slice each banana into 6 – 8 pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Heat in the microwave on high for about 1 minute. Stirring until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces into the chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- Lay them out on the prepared pan leaving a little space between each one.
- After they have all been dipped, spoon any remaining chocolate over each bite, for more chocolate goodness.
- Top each banana bite with the toppings of your choice.
- Transfer to the freezer for about one hour to set up. If you want the banana to be really frozen on the inside, you will want to freeze them for a few hours.
- When the bananas are frozen for a few hours, these bites really taste like a vanilla/banana ice cream treat. SO YUMMY!
- If freezing for a longer amount of time, cover with plastic wrap or an airtight freezer container.
helpful items used in making Frozen Banana Bites
- Small Cookie Sheet – We love this smaller cookie sheet that is commercial grade.
- Nut Chopper – This is great for chopping walnuts, pecans, and peanuts for so many recipes.
- Mixing Bowl – This 3 piece set is great for baking.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out these healthy snacks and desserts
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.