We are the biggest chocolate fans. We basically eat it in any form. But these banana bites remove any guilt because bananas are good for you….RIGHT? And if they are dipped in a chocolate/peanut butter mixture, then that adds a whole new twist!
Peanut butter is a good source of protein, so these have got to be considered as a healthy snack? At least we’ll keep telling ourselves that they are.
The kids will love helping you make these. The only cooking involved is melting the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. And if they are too young to do that, they can choose their own toppings for the banana bites.
Are milk chocolate chips better than semi sweet for this recipe?
This recipe was originally made with semi sweet chocolate chips. But the last time we made them, we only had milk chocolate chips on hand. Both are delicious.
So, it’s really up to you. If you are a milk chocolate chip lover, then you will want to use milk chocolate chips. If dark semi sweet chocolate chips are your jam, then use the semi sweet.
Even though we used milk chocolate chips, we still sprinkled the tops of some banana bites with mini semi sweet chocolate chips, and they tasted so yummy.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED FOR FROZEN CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BITES?
To make these amazing Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites, you need 3 main ingredients. Those main ingredients include:
- Chocolate Chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Creamy Peanut Butter
Then you can add on sorts of optional toppings. Here are a few of the optional toppings we used for our banana bites:
- Crushed Peanuts
- Miniature Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Shredded Coconut
These are optional, and you can easily add any other toppings of your own liking.
CHECK OUT THESE HEALTHY SNACKS AND DESSERTS
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Protein Muffins
- Healthier Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites Recipe
- 3 large bananas
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup shredded coconut optional topping
- ⅓ cup crushed peanuts optional topping
- ¼ cup sprinkles optional topping
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Cut up each banana into 6-8 pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute, then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- Place dipped bananas on prepared baking sheet.
- After they have all been dipped, use the remaining chocolate mixture to spoon over the tops.
- Top with topping of your choice.
- Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until set up.
- Store bananas in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Baking Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Medium microwave safe bowl
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.