If you are looking for a creamy, tasty, and easy dessert, then our best banana pudding (trifle) recipe is the one you are looking for! I normally have everything on hand I need for this recipe, so when I am in a pinch I can make it in no time.
Sometimes I even have my kids help me make it for a fun thing to do in the afternoon, and then the kids love to enjoy their work for a treat after dinner. This easy banana pudding recipe is a great dessert for after dinner.
For this trifle recipe, you will need fresh bananas, so it is a great recipe to make when your bananas need to be used up. Not to mention this is the best banana pudding recipe you will find, so make sure to pin this one!
If you want even more delicious recipe to have on hand for those bananas sitting on your counter, No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake, Banana Crumb Muffins, and you don’t want to miss our Peanut Butter Chip Banana Bread recipe!
Ingredients Needed For Our Best Banana Pudding (Trifle) Recipe:
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Cold milk
- Vanilla extract
- Frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Vanilla wafer cookies
How To Make Our Best Banana Pudding (Trifle) Recipe:
In a large mixing bowl beat the softened cream cheese with a hand or stand mixer until the cream cheese is nice and fluffy.
Then, add in the sweetened condensed milk, dry vanilla pudding mix, cold milk, and the vanilla extract.
Mix everything together until they are completely combined and smooth. There should not be any chunks.
Now, fold in half of the thawed Cool Whip until it is well combined with the pudding mixture.
In your trifle bowl, line the bottom of it with vanilla wafers.
NOTE: If you don’t have a trifle bowl, you can always use a 9×13 inch pan too, it will work just the same!
Next, put a layer of sliced bananas on top of the wafers.
Then, carefully spread half of the Cool Whip and pudding mixture over top of the sliced bananas.
When you are done with the pudding layer, begin with the vanilla wafers and repeat the layers. (Vanilla wafer, sliced bananas, pudding mix.)
After you complete the last round of layers, spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the last pudding layer.
Then, if you want to be super fancy, you can crush up some of the remaining vanilla wafers and sprinkle those on top!
When you are all done, place the trifle in the fridge and let it chill for 2 hours in the fridge before serving it.
To Make The Trifle Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Trifle bowl (THIS is a great one!)
- Hand or stand mixer
So You Don’t Have Any Vanilla Wafers?
With kids in my house, having vanilla wafers is almost a given, however if you do not have any in your house, you can either buy some, make some, or find a suitable substitute.
The Gourmet Slueth has a list you can work off for vanilla wafer substitutes if you want to go that route in order to get this delicious recipe made quickly.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Go Bananas With These Amazing Recipes
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Butterscotch Banana Bread Recipe
- The BEST Banana Cream Pudding Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Banana Cream Dessert Salad Recipe
The Best Banana Pudding (Trifle) Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 5 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 1 box
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed and divided
- 8 bananas sliced
- 12 ounces vanilla wafers cookies
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in condensed milk , dry pudding mix, cold milk, and vanilla and mix until completely combined and smooth.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip.
- Line the bottom of a trifle bowl with vanilla wafers.
- Top wafers with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Spread half of pudding mixture on top of bananas.
- Repeat layers with remaining vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip on top.
- If desired, sprinkle crushed vanilla wafers on top.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- If you don’t have a trifle bowl, you can layer this in 9×13” pan and it will still work great!
- This is best if made and enjoyed on the same day.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Trifle Bowl
- Hand or Stand Mixer
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews