How to make banana cream pie with nilla wafer crust
- Mix together the crushed cookies and melted butter. You can crush the cookies by hand, but I prefer using a food processor for quick, even crumbs. Press into a 9×13″ baking pan, then *bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
*You really could skip this step in a pinch. The crust won’t hold together as well, but it will still taste the same.
- Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 container of Cool Whip. Spread on top of cooled cookie crust.
- Beat together the banana cream pudding with milk. Let stand for about 4-5 minutes until it has thickened. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread sliced bananas on top of pudding, covering the entire pan.
- Spread the last container of Cool Whip on top of the bananas. Let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving (you could definitely serve it immediately, but it won’t slice as nicely or be quite set up. It will still taste the same).
- Top with caramel sauce, sliced bananas and crushed cookies as a garnish (totally optional, but it makes it look good).
what else could i make the crust out of?
- Vanilla Oreos
- Biscoff Cookies
- Teddy Grahams
- Graham Crackers
And if you’re one of the many who do actually like homemade pie crust, you can use this recipe.
can i make this recipe ahead of time?
If you need to make this recipe ahead of time, we would recommend making the crust first and then assembling the rest of it two hours before serving.
Because there are fresh bananas in the recipe, they will brown if assembled too early.
More delicious recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
looking for more pie recipes? try these:
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Pecan Pie Chex Party Mix
- Bite Size Cherry Pies
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?