I do love a good no bake dessert, that will satisfy my sweet tooth. This No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake is incredibly easy to make, and comes together quickly.
It definitely tastes best cold and when it has sat for a good hour or two and the graham crackers have softened.
If you love this no bake banana cream pie cake, be sure to try our no bake lemon icebox cake. A delicious and refreshing dessert!
Steps to make the no bake Banana Cream Pie Cake:
This cake is extremely easy, and pretty much impossible to mess up. It also feeds a crowd so this is perfect for pot lucks, or large family dinners.
- Step 1: Lay out your graham crackers on the bottom of the pan. Because the graham crackers are on the bottom, nothing will really be sticking, so you don’t need to spray it but you can. It may just make your graham crackers a little more moist than you want. We recommend not.
- Step 2: Make the banana pudding layer. I am all about instant pudding, but you could also do cook and serve, or if you are feeling really domestic, you can make your own. I have no idea how to make pudding, and I probably don’t want to know, so the boxed stuff does it for me.
- Step 3: After the pudding layer, we top our with whipped cream. You could make your own, but I am all about shortcuts and that freezer cool whip does the trick for me.
- Step 4: After the cool whip layer, is the banana layer. I used about a banana and a half, but you could definitely use as many or as few as you would like. I personally love the banana bites, and the change of texture it brings to the cake.
- Step 5: Repeat all the layers again. Then top off the cake with some bananas as garnish. You could also sprinkle on a little cinnamon if you’d rather, but I personally like the banana topping.
If you plan to serve it a little later on, we recommend adding the bananas right before serving.
How long with this no bake cake last in the fridge?
This recipe is best when served after it has sat in the fridge for a few hours. We recommend serving it within 12-14 hours of making it, just because the graham crackers soften quite a bit and the bananas will lose their texture over time.
We do not recommend making it more than 24 hours before serving. It is best when served the same day you make it.
Watch how to make a similar cake recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This No Bake Eclair Cake is super similar to our No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake. Simple, delicious, and full of chocolatey flavor. Watch how to make it, here:
Looking for more banana cream recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
- The Best Banana Cream Pudding Cookies
- Easy Banana Cream Pie
- Banana Cream Cheesecake
- Easy Banana Cream Pie with Vanilla Wafer Crust
- The Best Banana Pudding (Trifle)
- Banana Cream Dessert Salad
No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- 14 graham cracker sheets
- 6.8 ounces Instant Banana Cream Pudding Mix 2 ( 3.4 ounce packages )
- 4 cups milk
- 16 ounces cool whip thawed. 1 container
- 3 bananas sliced
- In a 9×13 inch pan, lay down one layer of graham crackers.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- On top of the graham cracker layer, spread out two cups of banana pudding.
- Top the banana pudding layer with two cups of cool whip.
- Top the cool whip off with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Repeat all the layers again, except your top layer of bananas on the second round through, will be the garnish, if desired. Place on the banana slices right before serving for a better looking presentation.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving to allow the graham crackers to soften.
- This recipe is best when served after it has sat in the fridge for a few hours. We recommend serving it within 12-14 hours of making it, just because the graham crackers soften quite a bit and the bananas will lose their texture over time.
- 9×13 Inch Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
This post was included in our EASY 4 NO BAKE DESSERTS video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!