Stuffed Peppers were always a favorite growing up. But they were a labor of love cleaning out each green pepper, making the filling, and then stuffing them full to bake. Now you have all of that same delicious flavor in an easy casserole.
Some of our kids don’t like stuffed peppers, but they loved this casserole. It’s everything you would get in a stuffed pepper, without the strong green pepper taste overpowering.
But if you love Stuffed Green Peppers, this recipe is so much easier than filling each green pepper. And you can easily add in more diced green pepper to this recipe. It’s easy to adjust to your liking and taste.
One Pan Stuffed Pepper Casserole is also the best way to sneak in some veggies for your kids. You can cover up a lot of the veggies with cheese. They’ll never know that there are tomatoes and green peppers waiting for them under the cheese.
what are some easy change ups for this recipe?
One Pan Stuffed Pepper Casserole is the perfect dish to adapt to your own personal taste. Here are a few ways you can adjust it to accommodate your family.
- Using a Mexican blend cheese for added flavor.
- Use chicken chunks instead of ground beef.
- Add in Quinoa with the rice.
- Use chicken broth in place of beef broth when using chicken.
- Add enchilada sauce on top and use as filling for tortillas.
- Add in extra tomato sauce if desired.
how to make one pan stuffed pepper casserole
We love this recipe because of the simplicity in one pan and because it’s just prepared with ingredients we have on hand.
- In a large saucepan brown the ground beef with the diced onion and minced garlic until beef is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Drain grease well.
- Add in diced pepper, salt, pepper, oregano, and Italian seasoning. Cook 5 minutes longer until the peppers become soft.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, and soy sauce. Stir and heat to boiling.
- Add in the uncooked rice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover with lid and let simmer for 25 minutes stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- When rice is tender, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Serve immediately from the pan.
helpful items for this one pan stuffed pepper casserole
- Non Stick Pan – This 5 quart pan is non stick and comes with a lid.
- Chef’s Knife – This sharp knife is great for dicing and slicing.
- Chop Stir – This is one of our MOST favorite kitchen gadgets. Great for browning hamburger.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
If you love this One Pan Stuffed Pepper Casserole, here are more of our favorite one pan dishes:
- One Pan Sausage and Tortellini
- One Pan Taco Skillet
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Creamy Spaghetti and Sausage
- One Pot Bacon and Broccoli Alfredo
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker