When I was pregnant with my first baby, so many people gave me advice on how to care for a baby.
Then each one of those babies grew up to be a toddler and kid who became the pickiest eaters in the world. Where was the advice for that?!
I’m here to give you a few words of wisdom from one exhausted mom to another. Kids love foods they can hold in their hands, cheese, and dipping things.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas fit the bill. I use a pizza cutter to cut each quesadilla into slices and then I let them eat them with their hands and dip them in salsa (that counts as a vegetable serving, right?). I have a 9-year-old that dips his in ranch…. I’m just going with it and turning a blind eye. Haha!
These might not be the healthiest dinner ever, but it beats going through the drive thru. And my whole family ate them without complaining which is a total win at our house!
Just serve these with a green salad or something to balance it out.
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas:
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker (they can be frozen or thawed, it doesn’t matter). Pour undrained cans of Rotel and green chiles over chicken. Place cream cheese on top.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Once cooked, shred chicken using a hand mixer or two forks and stir in with other ingredients in slow cooker until well combined.
Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Melt butter on skillet. Place equal amounts of the chicken mixture on half of the tortillas, sprinkle on some cheese and place another tortilla on top.
Cook quesadillas for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown.
Cut into slices and serve with guacamole, sour cream and/or salsa.
I also love serving these Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas with our Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
For some reason, my kids always eat better when they can dip their food in something so we let them pick what they want to dip it in which usually ends up being mild salsa.
However you serve up these easy chicken quesadillas, we know they will be a hit!
The BEST Quesadilla Recipes:
- Chicken Club Quesadillas
- Easy Pizza Quesadillas
- Green Chile and Chicken Quesadillas
- Short Rib Quesadillas
- Chicken and Vegetable Quesadillas
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles (undrained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- guacamole (optional topping)
- sour cream (optional topping)
- salsa (optional topping)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker (they can be frozen or thawed, it doesn't matter).
- Pour Rotel and green chiles over chicken.
- Place cream cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked, shred chicken using a hand mixer or two forks and stir in with other ingredients in slow cooker until well combined.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat.
- Melt butter on skillet.
- Place equal amounts of the chicken mixture on half of the tortillas, sprinkle on some cheese and place another tortilla on top.
- Cook quesadillas for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown.
- Cut into slices.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
- We used frozen chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Slow Cooker
Questions & Reviews