I love this chicken tetrazzini casserole. It is so full of wonderfully creamy flavor and still a hearty pasta dish that will fill you up on those cold winter nights.
This is a great dish to make up when you have leftover chicken from another meal that you can use so it doesn’t go to waste. It doesn’t have to be only chicken either you can also use shredded turkey too if you have some that you froze from Thanksgiving or if you make another turkey for the upcoming holidays.
This is a great meal to make and save the leftovers for lunch the next day. I think it’s even better the next day because the flavors have set in even more.
You can serve this delicious casserole with some of my favorite sides like Instant Pot Green Beans, Coconut Pecan Sweet Potatoes, and you can never go wrong with Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast to dip in the creamy sauce!
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole Recipe:
- Linguine pasta
- Cayenne pepper
- Chicken broth
- Half and half
- Cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- Fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
How To Make This Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole Recipe:
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Then, read the directions for the linguine and cook the noodles accordingly.
While the noodles are cooking, in a large saucepan melt the butter.
After the butter is completely melted, add in the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir it all until it is nice and smooth.
As you continue to stir the butter roux, carefully pour in the chicken broth, still stirring at the same time.
Now, bring all of that to a boil and let it cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
Then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the half and half until it is completely mixed in.
When the pasta is done cooking, pour it into a colander to drain the water.
Then place the noodle in a big bowl and add in the shredded chicken, sliced mushrooms, drained pimentos, and the freshly chopped parsley and give it all a good stir.
Now, pour the cream sauce over top of the noodle mixture and stir it all together until everything is covered in the sauce.
Spray a 9×13 in pan with nonstick cooking spray and then pour in the noodle mixture.
Top the noodles off with the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and then place it in the oven for 30 minutes covered with foil.
After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake the pasta casserole for another 20 minutes.
When the timer is done, remove the casserole from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes, and then just serve it with your favorite sides!
To Make This Family Favorite Dinner Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan
- Large saucepan (2)
- Colander (THIS is a nice and light one to use)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
Have You Ever Made Your Own Pasta?
Have you? If not you NEED to! It is definitely harder than opening up a box of pasta. But, when you make your own pasta it can elevate your dish to new levels!
Don’t believe me? Then try it for yourself and you will see why people take the time to make their own pasta, it’s ridiculously delicious! Love and Lemons has a wonderful homemade pasta recipe you can follow if you are up for trying to make your own for this recipe!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
You Can Never Have Enough Casserole Recipes, So Here Are a Few More!
- Turkey Cranberry Spinach Casserole Recipe
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
- Mom’s Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole Recipe
- 16 ounces pasta linquine
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5) ounce chicken broth canned
- 1 cup half and half
- 5 boneless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces pimentos diced and drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook linguine as directed on package. While it cooks, melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. When the butter is completely melted, stir in the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until mixture is smooth.
- Carefully pour in the broth, stirring as you pour it in. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove saucepan from stove top and stir in half-and-half.
- After pasta is done cooking, drain the water and pour into a large bowl. Add the chicken, mushrooms, pimentos, and parsley. Pour sauce on top and mix until everything is covered in sauce.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour noodle and sauce mixture into the pan. Top with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes, serve.
- You can also use cooked turkey in this recipe.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Large Saucepan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.