We love Chicken Enchilada Casserole because it comes together so easily and tastes like you’ve been working in the kitchen for hours.
Be prepared to pass this recipe along to family and friends. That’s how we were able to get it.
Our mom’s dear friend Sharon shared this recipe at a Christmas luncheon. It was a big hit, and we are grateful that Sharon was willing to share the recipe.
some shortcuts to make it even easier
This recipe is simple and easy to make. But we came up with a few shortcuts if you are really short on time.
- Rotisserie Chicken – The recipe calls for chicken breasts that have been cooked and shredded. But if you were really short on time you could buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it for this recipe. You would need about 3-4 cups of shredded chicken for the casserole. So you might need more than one rotisserie chicken.
- Shredded Cheese – We often buy block cheese and then shred it. But if you buy the pre shredded cheese it will save you a lot of time. We love the Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese in this chicken casserole.
ingredients needed for Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Canned Diced Green Chiles
- Garlic Salt
- Chili Powder
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
how to make Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
- Begin by spraying a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan combine soup, milk, sour cream, chiles, garlic salt, salt, oregano, and chili powder. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce in the pan just to cover the bottom. Spread around with a spoon. Add the shredded chicken to the remaining soup/sauce mixture.
- Layer 6 tortillas on top of the thin layer of sauce. They will overlap. You may need to cut some of the tortillas to ensure that the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
- Layer half of the sauce on the tortillas, then half of the cheese, and half of the onions.
- Then repeat the layers again adding tortillas, soup/sauce mixture, onions and remaining cheese on top.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Serve warm. Top with guacamole and diced tomatoes if desired.
We love this white 9 x 13 inch baking dish. It’s perfect when you are entertaining.
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE
In case you didn’t, we have a YouTube Channel! We walk you through the ins-and-outs of our tried and true recipes that even your toughest critic will LOVE.
If you are looking for another great family-friendly chicken recipe, check out these Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. It is absolutely delicious and super simple.
here are more chicken recipes your family will enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice
- Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
- Pineapple Chicken Tenders
WANT TO HAVE MORE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS??
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!