The perfect way to use overripe bananas is these Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
These cookies are so chewy and soft!
We even froze half the batch and ate them a week or two later and they were just as good.
Ingredients needed to make these Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
It’s SO EASY to make these Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in banana. Add flour and mix until just combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden brown and just set, about 12 to 13 minutes.