Do you ever get into a rut as you try to figure out what to serve for dinner? We’ve got you covered with this chicken drumstick slow cooker recipe.
Chicken drumsticks are moist, juicy, and loaded with so much flavor. They are a less expensive cut of chicken which makes it perfect when you are feeding a lot of hungry tummies. We love budget friendly meals.
Slow cooker lemon pepper chicken is the whole meal prepared at once in the slow cooker. Under these moist and juicy chicken drumsticks are all kinds of veggies.
You’ll find carrots, onions, and red potatoes. The whole meal is prepared all at once in your slow cooker. Now that’s a win for you.
do you leave the skin on the chicken drumsticks?
We have made slow cooker lemon pepper chicken with the skin on and with it off. It’s really what your own personal preference is.
Some of our family loves chicken skin, so they leave the skin on. Those of us who don’t really like to eat the skin remove it when coating the chicken in the slow cooker.
It’s very easy to remove the skin from the chicken drumstick. Simply run your finger under the skin and then it’s very easy to pull back.
Using a paper towel you can get a grip on the skin and pull it off. You can also just pull the skin down to the bottom of the drumstick.
can you use other cuts of chicken for this recipe
We love using chicken drumsticks in this slow cooker lemon pepper chicken because it’s so flavorful. But you can easily use other cuts of chicken.
Here are some of the other cuts of chicken that will work.
- Chicken Breasts – You may want to cut them in half or into smaller pieces if they are big and thick.
- Chicken Thighs – A flavorful cut of chicken that you will enjoy.
- Chicken Wings – Another inexpensive cut of chicken that you will like.
how to make slow cooker lemon pepper chicken
Put this slow cooker chicken along with veggies in your slow cooker in the morning, and you’ll have a delicious dinner waiting for you after a busy day.
Here are the simple ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken.
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in the slow cooker and pour can of tomatoes over the top. (Do not drain the tomatoes.)
- Add sliced onions and carrots on top of the tomatoes.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, lemon pepper, and salt. Add in olive oil and mix together well.
- Rub the chicken legs with the spice mixture and place them in the slow cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over the top.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
helpful items used in slow cooker lemon pepper chicken
- Slow Cooker – We love this cook and carry slow cooker. It’s big and holds a lot of chicken.
- Knife Set – Great set of knives that are perfect for cutting potatoes and veggies.
- Can Opener – This beats a hand held can opener every time. So easy to operate.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more of our favorite chicken recipes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Nuggets
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Crock Pot Hawaiian Hula Chicken
- Pineapple Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 6 red potatoes quartered
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 onion diced
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Lightly grease slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the quartered potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour diced tomatoes over the top.
- Add in baby carrots and sliced onion pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, lemon pepper, salt, and olive oil.
- Rub each chicken piece with the spice mixture and place in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6-7 hours.
- Slow Cooker
Have you seen our YouTube channel?