Sometimes you crave a good dish of Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice. In our family, some of us go crazy over vegetables while others aren’t very fond of anything green.
This recipe is so easy to adapt to your family as far as what veggies you want to add in. And did I mention that the kids loved this. They devoured it and asked for seconds. So…..it must be good!
With all of the veggies you add in, and the protein with your chicken, it’s a good nutritious meal you can prepare for your family. You can use brown rice as a healthier option.
This recipe makes a lot, so you may have some leftovers. I guess that depends on how hungry your family is and if they all want seconds.
can you freeze leftovers?
This recipe can be easily stored in the freezer if you have leftovers. If you have leftovers, place them in a freezer bag. Try to remove any excess air out of the bag. It’s fine if some air is in the bag, but you don’t want the bag to be inflated.
If the air is removed it’s easy to store the bags stacked on top of each other. They lay so nicely and it’s easy to grab a bag when you are ready to reheat.
To reheat a frozen bag of Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice, just remove from the freezer and thaw in the fridge over night. Throw it in a skillet for about 5 minutes to heat through, and you have a delicious meal.
what other veggies can you add to this fried rice?
You can tell by the picture, we added a lot of our favorite veggies. But you can add more of your favorites, and you can take out any that we have suggested that may not appeal to you family.
This recipe is very forgiving and adaptable to more or less ingredients when it comes to add-ins. Here are a few suggestions in addition to the veggies listed in the recipe:
- Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- Sliced Green Onions
- Diced Green Pepper
Related Recipe: This Teriyaki Beef Skillet Recipe is so easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing. If you need a quick dinner, for a crazy night, then this is your dish.
How to make Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice
- Cut four boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Place in a mixing bowl and pour Teriyaki with pineapple sauce over the chicken and let marinade for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- After the chicken is done marinating, place in a skillet and cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- After the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Prepare the vegetables by chopping and dicing them so they are ready to add into the skillet.
- To the same skillet pour in 2 Tablespoons oil (olive oil or vegetable) and then add the chopped broccoli, diced orange bell pepper, diced red bell pepper, diced onion, sliced carrots, and minced garlic. Cook until tender.
- Then add in your cooked rice, corn, peas, and pineapple tidbits. Cook over medium heat until warm.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet with the veggies. Cook until all is heated through stirring every few minutes.
- Serve warm. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container, or you can freeze it for a later date.
helpful items used in this recipe
- Skillet – A great non stick skillet with a glass lid.
- Chef’s knife – We love this 8 inch stainless steel chef’s knife.
- Saute Spoon – A great spoon as you saute meat and veggies.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more of our favorite Chicken and rice dishes:
- Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake
- Wild Rice and Chicken Salad
- Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
watch how easy it is to make these delicious enchiladas