When we go out to dinner for a date night, Chinese food is always at the top of our list. It’s a family favorite. And you can be sure we always order Cashew Chicken.
Now you can enjoy the delicious taste of Cashew Chicken at home. We loaded it up with veggies because that’s one sure way our kids will eat them. Serve this over a bed of rice, and you have an amazing meal for your family. It’s a fun dish if your are hosting a party.
what other veggies can you add to cashew chicken?
As you can see we added broccoli to our cashew chicken. We also love red bell peppers, so that was for sure going in. But you can add in any veggies that you love or have on hand. Here are a few ideas:
- Celery (diced)
- Green Bell Peppers
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Water Chestnuts
Related recipe: Love cashew chicken? Try making this INSTANT POT version.
how to make Cashew Chicken with Vegetables
It’s a simple recipe to make, and so worth it. You can have a delicious and nutritious meal ready in about 30 minutes.
- Dice your chicken breasts into bites sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add in 1 tablespoon corn starch and stir to combine all the pieces.
- Place chicken in a skillet with 2 Tablespoon of olive oil and cook over medium heat until cooked through. The chicken will start to brown a little.
- When done cooking place chicken on a plate and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the chicken broth, hoison sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and 1 Tablespoon cornstarch. Whisk together well.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in the skillet over medium heat and add the green onions, minced garlic, broccoli, and red pepper. Cook until tender.
- After the veggies are cooked, transfer to another plate. Add the sauce to the skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add in the chicken, veggies, and cashews. Stir until everything is covered in the sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Serve warm over a bed of cooked rice.
items used in making cashew chicken and vegetables
- Skillet – We love this big skillet with a glass lid.
- Rice Cooker – An easy way to cook your rice.
- Balloon Whisk – This whisk has a silicone coating so it won’t scratch your pans.
- Mixing Bowls – This mixing bowl set comes with lids.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more of our favorite Asian recipes
- Easy Baked Sweet and Sour Pork
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Orange Chicken Wraps
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Baked Crab Rangoon
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy. Check out all of her amazing recipes!
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
You’ll love this recipe for Honey Sesame Chicken. Watch how easy it is to make.