We haven’t given up on our New Year’s resolutions just yet! I’ve been trying to incorporate healthy proteins and more vegetables into my family’s diets and these quesadillas were one meal my whole family could agree on!
The seasoning used on the chicken and vegetables in this recipe is so full of flavor that it takes these quesadillas over the top! You could also coat your chicken and vegetables in the seasoning and grill them for even more flavor!
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE QUESADILLAS RECIPE
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper dice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and add to bowl of seasoning.
- Add diced onion and bell peppers to bowl.
- Toss to combine and coat chicken and ingredients in seasoning.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and pour in olive oil.
- Saute chicken and vegetable mixture for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Place equal amounts of the cooked chicken and vegetable mixture on half of the tortillas, sprinkle on some cheese and place another tortilla on top.
- Cook quesadillas on a nonstick skillet on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown.
- Cut into slices and top with sour cream.