I love the combination of chocolate and strawberry. Now that spring is here, I am loving all the berries and fresh produce filling the stores.
Some of my favorite cookies are our Chocolate Orange Cake Mix Cookies with Ganache Topping. I decided to change them up a little with some strawberry buttercream. They were absolutely delicious.
They were so easy to make, and were made with a cake mix, that the ingredients list is minimal and inexpensive.
They are the perfect treat to indulge in. I prefer them over chocolate covered strawberries, and that is really saying something, because this girl loves her strawberries and chocolate.
If you need a quick and family favorite dessert, I highly recommend these Chocolate Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies.
making them for a special OCCASION?
These cookies are so fun, because they have the perfect splash of pink color to them. They really give off the chocolate covered strawberry feel.
They are so easy to make and perfect for parties. Here are a few occasions that we like to make them for:
-Bridal Shower or Bachelorette Party
-New Years or Christmas
Really you could make these all year round, and nobody would be complaining because they are just that delicious.
We are all about saving time, as busy moms, with many mouths to feed, and various activities going on. If I can save myself a few minutes in the kitchen, I will.
We love these cookies, but the frosting can take a little bit of time. If you are looking to save a little time, you could easily use a store bought can of strawberry frosting, that would work just as well.
I do prefer the flavor of the homemade stuff, but on busy nights, canned frosting does the trick.
watch how to make another one of our favorite strawberry recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Strawberry Fruit Pizza Recipe, here:
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes?
Chocolate Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Milk Chocolate Cake Mix 1 box
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
Strawberry Buttercream Filling
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 drops red food coloring
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- 2¼ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butter
- Mix together the chocolate cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.
- Mix buttercream filling ingredients together and spread a generous amount on each cookie.
- For the chocolate Ganache layer melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stir until smooth and spread over frosted cookies.
- We love these cookies, but the frosting can take a little bit of time. If you are looking to save a little time, you could easily use a store bought can of strawberry frosting, that would work just as well.
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!