This ?New American? cuisine food truck specialty is our top suggestion when people come to visit my family in Southern California. We whipped up this recipe so now all our friends can enjoy them at home, too!
Short Rib Quesadillas Recipe
- 1-2 pounds boneless short ribs
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- ½ onion sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- cojita cheese optional
- In a slow cooker, place meat, salsa, onion and beef stock. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, shred, and place back in the slow cooker for 30 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat and onions from the slow cooker and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Place one tortilla in the bottom, then top with 1 cup cheese and 1/3 of the meat mixture and place a second tortilla on top. Cook until cheese starts to melt and the tortilla starts to brown (about 3-4 minutes), and then flip the quesadilla and brown the other side (about 3-4 minutes).
- Repeat two more times.
- Cut into triangles and serve warm with chipotle aioli.