Love homemade pizza, but hate making the dough? Enter, pizza quesadillas!
These pizza quesadillas are a perfect twist on a classic weekend meal that will leave you, your kids, AND your husband happy. Don’t forget to dip it in the pizza sauce!
How to make pizza quesadillas:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the pepperoni until crisp – transfer to a paper towel to drain. You can skip this step if you’re short on time, but we feel like it makes the pepperoni taste more like it does on a regular pizza.
- Brush each tortilla with a thin layer of pizza sauce. Most pizza quesadilla or “pizzadilla” recipes skip this step – but this is what MAKES these quesadillas.
- Assemble quesadillas by sprinkling cheese on top of the sauce on the bottom tortilla, topping it with pepperoni, and sprinkling another layer of cheese on top. Place a second tortilla on top, sauce side down.
- Preheat a greased skillet over medium heat. While cooking spray works well, we prefer to brush the skillet slightly with butter. It tastes a little more authentic that way. Don’t skip this step, or your tortillas won’t turn out as nicely browned or crispy.
- Gently place quesadilla in the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
- Slice into quarters and serve with a bowl of warm pizza sauce.
Add-ins & substitutions for Pizza Quesadillas:
- low-fat cheese instead of full-fat cheese
- whole wheat tortillas or flat-outs instead of flour tortillas
- sautèed peppers or sliced mushrooms (to sneak in a few extra veggies)
- ham and pineapple instead of pepperoni
- turkey pepperoni in place of regular pepperoni
- sliced olives
- extra cheese (because sometimes you just need to!)
- serve with ranch for dipping instead of pizza sauce (this is a HUGE favorite at our house)
Other Pizza Recipes:
Looking for other kid-friendly pizza recipes? Try these:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?