Use your pressure cooker to make these simple Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches without heating up your kitchen (perfect for hot summer days!).
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Check out our crock pot version: Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.
Looking for more easy Instant Pot Sandwich recipes?
Here are some of our favorites:
- Pot Roast Sliders
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- The Best Sloppy Joes
- Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Ingredients in Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches:
- chicken breasts
- Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ sauce
- teriyaki sauce
- lemon juice
- garlic salt
- minced garlic
How to make Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches:
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic salt, and minced garlic on top of chicken.
- Pour in water, but don’t mix it in with the sauce.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to SEALING. Press the MANUAL (PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 18 minutes.
- When the timer is done, let the pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE for 5 minutes. Then move the valve from sealing to VENTING and let the rest of the pressure release.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and shred using 2 forks (it should fall apart fairly easily). Place shredded chicken back in the Instant Pot with all the juices and stir together.
- To make coleslaw, combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, and pepper, in a large bowl. Add your shredded cabbage.
- Place a scoop of shredded chicken on your bun and top with a scoop of coleslaw. Top with extra barbecue sauce if desired and serve.
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
- Place chicken breasts, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic salt, and minced garlic into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/3 cup of water in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 25 minutes . Do a 5 minute NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
- If you are looking for more freezer meals, be sure to check out all of our favorite freezer meal recipes.