Taquitos are one of the few foods my toddler seems to love. These baked beef taquitos are so much healthier than a fried greasy store bought taquito.
Baked beef taquitos are a meal the whole family loved, even the picky toddlers!
Even though they are baked, they are nice and crispy on the outside. The meat and cheese filling is bursting with flavor. Serve these beef taquitos with sour cream and salsa for dipping. A side of guacamole also goes great with these taquitos.
We love that these baked beef taquitos are not fried. They are healthier when baked, and your house won’t smell like grease for a week.
can you use corn tortillas in place of flour tortillas?
Flour tortillas are a favorite when making Baked Beef Taquitos. Mostly because they are so easy to work with and very inexpensive.
If you heat them slightly in the microwave, they bend and fold just like you want them to.
We do the love taste of corn tortillas. When using corn tortillas, they need to be as fresh as possible.
If corn tortillas are not fresh, they tend to crack easily. Then your beef taquito filling is all over the place.
But you could definitely use them when making taquitos. Just be sure to purchase the freshest ones you can find.
how to make baked beef taquitos
Here are a few simple ingredients to make a delicious meal your family will love.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place hamburger, diced onion, and garlic in a pan and cook over medium heat until beef is browned.
- Drain grease well and add in the salsa, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir together and cook the mixture over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Place tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave them for about 30 seconds until warm and pliable.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beef mixture. Spread it to about 1 inch of the edge of tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them on a foil lined baking dish.
- Brush the tortillas lightly with vegetable oil and bake until filling is heated through and the tortillas are lightly browned (about 8-12 minutes).
- Serve them with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
helpful items used in making baked beef taquitos
- Skillet – 12 inch skillet with a glass lid is non stick and perfect for all recipes.
- Cookie Sheet – These baking sheet are great for baking main dishes and all kinds of baked goods.
- Meat Chopper – This heat resistant meat chopper is so great for browning ground beef.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our favorite taquito recipes:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Taquitos
- Baked Steak and Cheddar Taquitos
- Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make easy 30 minute Chicken Cream Cheese Taquitos.