Pineapple + brown sugar, cooked with meat . . . it’s one of my favorite combos! We’ve shared our favorite recipes for Grilled Hawaiian Chicken, Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken, and Pineapple Pork Chops and now it’s time to take it to the oven!
This Baked Hawaiian Chicken is a mix of sweet and sour chicken, with pineapple and brown sugar flavor baked right in. It’s pretty amazing and delicious!
If you love this Hawaiian Baked Chicken, be sure to try Six Sisters Baked Honey chicken tenders. They are amazing.
Baked Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups corn starch
- 3 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
Hawaiian Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits drained
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cornstarch and eggs in small separate bowls. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture (I know it seems backwards to dip it in cornstarch first, but trust me on this!).
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned.
- Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and cornstarch.
- Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green onions and pineapple tidbits.
- Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Recipe slightly adapted from The Recipe Critic