The week after Christmas we took a little vacation to Las Vegas – it was fun to get away with our family, play lots and lots of pickleball, and eat out to our hearts content. We ate at one restaurant called Nacho Daddy that was my nacho-loving-pregnant-heart’s dream come TRUE! This recipe is a take on their Fiesta Nachos, and it was a fast favorite at our house!
We started with a layer of blue and gold corn tortilla chips, then topped them with sautéed onions, refried beans, grilled chicken, and Mexican blend cheese.
Then I added a second layer of chips, onions, beans, chicken, and cheese, and melted them to perfection. Before serving, I topped them with pico de gallo, drizzled sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
Copycat Fiesta Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 5 ounces golden corn tortilla chips
- 5 ounces blue corn tortilla chips
- ½ sweet onion diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup refried beans divided
- 1½ cups grilled chicken cubed
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- chopped cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and olive oil until onion starts to brown and soften.
- In a large oven-safe skillet or 9x13" baking dish, place half the golden corn tortilla chips and blue corn tortilla chips. Top with half the sautéed onion, 1/2 cup refried beans (dropped in spoonfuls over the chips), half the chicken, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, until cheese has completely melted.
- Remove from oven and top with pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro. Serve warm.
- You can substitute pork or beef in place of chicken
- Best Served Warm
- small skillet
- large oven safe skillet or 9x13 dish