This Southwest Cornbread Recipe is just like your favorite cornbread recipe with a some delicious southwest flavor!
Ingredients needed to make Southwest Cornbread:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
15 ounces canned cream-style corn (1 can), undrained
4 ounces canned diced green chilies (1 can), drained
1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make this Southwest Cornbread Recipe:
Spray a 9×13″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar.
Add in eggs one at a time, beating after adding each egg.
Stir in corn, chilies, and cheeses.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add in flour mixture with the wet ingredients and mix until all incorporated.
Pour cornbread batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Try More of Our Delicious Cornbread Recipes:
- Disneyland’s Sweet Cornbread Recipe
- Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe
- Cornbread Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Famous Dave’s Cornbread Muffins Recipe
- Healthier Honey Cornbread Muffins Recipe
- Grandma’s Corn Pudding Casserole
Serve this Cornbread with these Chili Recipes we love:
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey and Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- The Best Homemade Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
- Wendy’s Copycat Chili
- Mom’s Crockpot Chili
- Slow Cooker Texas Chili
Southwest Cornbread Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 15 ounces canned cream-style corn (1 can), undrained
- 4 ounces diced green chilies (1 can). drained
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Spray a 9×13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating after adding each egg.
- Stir in corn, chilies, and cheeses.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add in flour mixture with the wet ingredients and mix until all incorporated.
- Pour cornbread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- If you like more heat, add in some diced jalapenos!
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.