My husband was gone from September to December for his audition rotations for medical school. My girls and I are SO HAPPY to have him back. While he was gone, I decided that we needed to do more things as a family. Now, every Saturday, we are going to make breakfast together. This last Saturday we had this Coconut Crusted French Toast and it was DELICIOUS!
Coconut Crusted French Toast Recipe
- 6 thick slices French Bread
- 5 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Slice French bread slices down the middle, being sure to not cut all the way through.
- In a small bowl, combine all filling ingredients; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie pan, whisk together eggs, vanilla, milk and sugar until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the middle of bread slices.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture on both sides, then dip each side in shredded coconut.
- Cook toast for 3-5 minutes on each side.