I love serving these muffins with a hearty bowl of soup for a perfect comfort food meal!
Related Recipe: Looking for more cornbread recipes?! Try our Southwest Cornbread Recipe!
Healthier Honey Cornbread Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, applesauce, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, oil, and milk. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Place muffin paper liners or lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Evenly pour cornbread mixture into each of the 12 tins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Serve warm.
- Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowl