We love this Hawaiian Ham Salad. It’s the perfect lunch or dinner for light and easy eating. The salad bowl is made out of baked hash browns to cut the calories. This is the perfect party food for a shower or a girls night!
Hawaiian Ham Salad Recipe
- 2½ cups Shredded Hash browns thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups cooked ham chopped
- ⅓ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 13 ounces pineapple tidbits 1 can, drained
- 1 large celery stalk chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon prepared mustard
- dash of garlic powder optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare hash brown potato nests. Put hash browns in a bowl. Drain off any liquid from thawing process. Toss potatoes with 1 beaten egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Generously spray a cupcake/muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Press about 1/4 cup potato mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and side of 10 of the muffin cups. Place muffin tin on a cookie sheet. Cook until the edges are brown and crisp, about 35 to 37 minutes. Remove from oven and loosen the edges. (I used a small paring knife to loosen around the edges.) Let cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from cups and cool completely.
- For the salad: Mix together chopped ham, mayonnaise, pineapple, celery, onion, mustard, and garlic powder. Refrigerate for about an hour. Fill potato nests with salad. Store in refrigerator til serving.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Muffin Tin
- Cooking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl