I am all about easy meals these days. As a busy mom, I hardly have any time to prepare an entire meal with side dishes.
Luckily, this recipe is cooked with it’s side dish, so it’s simple, quick and oh so tasty.
My husband loves hearty meals, and this recipe, Slow Cooker Steak and Potatoes, is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It is definitely hearty, and very filling.
If you are looking to switch things up, and try a new meal, that the whole family will love (side dish included), we highly recommend trying this one.
Thrown together in minutes, and ready in time for dinner, with little preparation.
could i make this recipe using a different meat?
For this recipe, I have only made it using beef steak. However, you could use any cut of steak, or switch it up and try a completely different meat.
We do recommend steak, because it creates such an amazing flavor combination with the potatoes, but chicken or pork would also be delicious.
You could also make it a Thanksgiving shortcut and use a turkey breast as well.
Depending on the meat you choose, the cooking time may vary, but should all be in the range of 8 hours on low.
add some veggies:
I love recipes where I can sneak in vegetables, and my kids or husband don’t even notice.
This is one of those recipes. It’s so easy to sneak in some veggies, and my kids have no idea. My husband is also a picky veggie eater, and he usually doesn’t notice either.
Here are a few of my favorite vegetables to sneak in to the recipe, without them even knowing:
- Bell Peppers
You can really sneak in just about any vegetable. It’s such a delicious recipe and so simple to throw together. Also pretty healthy, which makes me feel like mom of the year, with this one.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more simple steak recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chili’s Steak Fajitas
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shells
- Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Wraps
- Crispy Steak Burritos
- Salisbury Steak
SLOW COOKER STEAK AND POTATOES RECIPE
- 1½ lb beef tip steak trimmed
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sliced onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bag frozen vegetables
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of beef with flour, salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook beef in oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides.
- Place onions in slow cooker. Top with beef and tomatoes; sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.
- About 15 minutes before steak is ready to serve, microwave vegetables (potatoes are in the medley) as directed on bag.
- Stir into beef mixture.
- Bell Peppers
- Slow Cooker