I don’t know about you but slow cooker meals have a special place in my heart. Especially on those busy weeknights when everyone has somewhere to be and you have just a little time to get dinner on the table and eat dinner as a family.
Tacos are normally an easy family dinner to throw together, but sometimes doesn’t quite hit the spot. Well, you will not be saying that with the DELICIOUS slow cooker steak tacos. It is packed with flavor, and so simple to put together you would have thought you were in the kitchen over the stove all afternoon.
And don’t even get me started on the AMAZING chipotle aioli sauce that goes with the tacos. That in itself deserves some spotlight but put it all together, it’s a little slice of heaven.
If you want to get an idea of great dishes to serve with these steak tacos, take a look at our easy texas pinto beans, Spanish cauliflower rice, and of course, you cannot leave out our Mexican street corn salad recipe.
Ingredients needed for this fantastic family dinner recipe!
Slow cooker steak recipe ingredients:
- Flank steak or london broil steak (thinly sliced)
- Can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Chili powder
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Any and all of your favorite taco toppings!
- Chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Minced garlic
- Fresh lime juice
For this recipe, you can use your favorite salsa from the grocery store, or you even make your own! Once I learned that making your own salsa isn’t difficult, it was a game-changer. Take a look at this easy homemade salsa recipe from Cooking Classy!
Be sure to have these items for this easy dinner recipe:
- Slow cooker
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Blender (THIS is such a powerful one)
- Slotted spoon (THIS one works great!)
Ready? Let’s start preparing this flank steak recipe!
For this recipe, start by getting your slow cooker out and spraying the inside with your nonstick cooking spray.
Then, take the flank steak and place it into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Next, you are going to pour the jar of salsa, diced tomatoes (not drained), cumin, and the chili powder on top of the steak in the slow cooker.
Stir everything together until it is all mixed together well, then turn the slow cooker on and cook the steak on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
While that cooks it is time to make the chipotle aioli for the tacos.
Get out your blender and add in the mayonnaise, chopped chipotle chiles, fresh cilantro, minced garlic, cumin, fresh lime juice, and salt and pepper to your liking.
After you do that, turn the blender on and blend everything together until it becomes a smooth sauce and then store it in an airtight container in the fridge for later.
When the meat is completely done cooking, mix everything together shredding the steak as you go.
Then, scoop the meat into the flour or corn tortilla shells and top it off with your favorite toppings and drizzle the chipotle aioli over top!
Related Recipe: Try our Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos
Another great slow cooker recipe!
You can find so many tasty recipes on our YouTube channel! If you are looking for some great recipes to follow check it out. We share everything you need to know in the video. All of the ingredients you’ll need and we walk you through every step.
A popular recipe on our channel is our slow cooker honey sesame chicken recipe. This is such a good and simple recipe to follow and throw together on those busy weeknights. Plus who doesn’t love a good slow cooker recipe to make life a little easier?!
More recipes for your slow cooker!
- SLOW COOKER SWEET BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER ROOT BEER PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER TAMALE PIE RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE
Slow Cooker Carne Asada Steak Tacos Recipe (with Chipotle Aioli Sauce)
- 2 pounds flank steak (or London Broil steak, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- 2 tomatoes (diced - optional)
- 2 avocados (diced - optional)
- ½ cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place sliced steak in the bottom.
- Pour salsa, diced tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder on top.
- Stir, until all seasonings are thoroughly mixed in. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- While the meat is cooking, put all ingredients for the aioli in a blender and blend until smooth.
- When meat is done, scoop meat onto tortillas, top with your favorite taco toppings, and drizzle with chipotle aioli.
- Slow Cooker
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.