This delicious Salisbury steak recipe is a go-to favorite family dinner recipe, especially on our busy nights during the week. This recipe makes one of the best flavored Salisbury steak you’ll ever have.
Do yourself a favor and make sure you make this budget-friendly dinner when you are low on groceries at the end of the month, because this is a recipe you can make normally from what is in your pantry.
The other awesome thing about this recipe is how simple it is to make. Just throw it all together with a few ingredients and you’ll have a great dinner ready in no time.
Ingredients Needed For Our Salisbury Steak Recipe:
- Ground beef
- Italian bread crumbs
- Dry french onion soup mix
- Jar of beef gravy
How To Make Our Salisbury Steak Recipe:
In order to make this recipe, get a large mixing bowl and combine the ground beef, Italian bread crumbs, french onion soup mix, beaten egg, and water until completely mixed together.
Then shape the meat mixture into 4 oval-shaped patties that are about ½ inch thick.
Next, spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and warm it up over medium heat.
Once the skillet is hot, place the patties in the pan and cook the patties for 10 minutes on each side.
After each side has been cooked, drain the grease from the skillet and then add the jar of gravy to the pan.
Continue cooking the patties in the skillet with the gravy for another 5 minutes on each side.
After they have cooked on each side remove the patties from the pan and serve them with your favorite sides.
Related Recipe: Try our Salisbury Steak Meatballs Recipe HERE!
To Make This Easy Ground Beef Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Large skillet
- Turning spatula (THESE work well!)
Not a Fan Of Jar Gravy?
Not everyone loves using jarred gravy, and that is okay! You can make your own gravy for this recipe if you want.
If you aren’t sure what recipe to use, take a cook at Beef. What’s for Dinner’s Classic Beef Gravy recipe and try it out with this Salisbury steak recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Mix Up Dinner with These Delicious Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili Beef Burritos Recipe
- John Wayne Casserole (Beef and Biscuit Casserole)Recipe
- Korean Beef and Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Lazy Lasagna Recipe
Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1.4 ounces dry french onion soup mix
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 12 ounces beef gravy
- Mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, french onion mix, egg and water.
- Shape the mixture into 4 oval-shaped patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and warm up over medium heat.
- Add the patties to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Drain the grease from the skillet, and then add in the jar of gravy.
- Continue to cook in the gravy, covered, for 10 more minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Not everyone loves using jarred gravy, and that is okay! You can make your own gravy for this recipe if you want.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Skillet
- Turning Spatula
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.