As a mom, I have become more and more fond of casseroles! Most of the time you just dump everything together give it a little stir and its good to go. What could be better than that?!
This recipe is similar and creates so much amazing flavor from the spinach and pepper. Oh, and did I mention your kids probably won’t even be able to tell they are eating some healthy leafy greens? You can thank me later!
This recipe serves 4 but it can easily be doubled and even make amazing leftovers for the next day. Honestly, that might be my favorite part of casseroles is the leftovers!
If you want to add even more delicious sides to this recipe, make sure you take a look at our Mexican street corn salad recipe, easy parmesan knots recipe, and definitely check out our slow cooker creamy mashed potatoes!
While you might have most everything you need, take a look, and make sure before you get started on this affordable healthy dinner recipe!
Healthy chicken dinner ingredients:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
If you are interested you can even make up your own peppers with this roasted red pepper recipe from the Food Network!
Be sure to also have these items for this easy chicken casserole:
- 9×13 inch baking pan (I love that THIS one has a lid, great for storing leftovers)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Medium-sized pan
- Small mixing bowl (THESE work great)
Let us make dinner easier for you tonight with our latest cookbook!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Let’s get cooking this delicious chicken with roasted red peppers and spinach recipe!
To begin, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then, season the boneless chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. After they have been seasoned move them to a greased 9×13 baking pan.
Next, prepare the spinach by washing it and removing all of the stems. Once that is done, using a medium skillet, saute the spinach with oil over medium heat until the spinach becomes slightly wilted.
Then, in a small mixing bowl, add the spinach, cream cheese, roasted red peppers, and mozzarella cheese. Mix everything up until the ingredients are well combined.
Now, take the cream cheese and peppers mixture and spread it evenly over top of the chicken breasts. Make sure to cover all of the chicken.
Once that is done, move the chicken breasts covered in the wonderful cream cheese spread and bake it at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the cream cheese spread begins to turn slightly brown.
Then, just remove them from the oven, serve and enjoy!
Another healthy recipe to try for dinner
I am not sure if you have picky eaters too, but our house is filled with them! That’s why we load our YouTube channel with amazing recipes that even the pickiest eater will love.
While getting kids to eat veggies can be difficult, with this fast and easy chicken zucchini casserole it is so good they won’t even know they are being fed healthy food! Plus, you can even make it up ahead of time, throw it in the fridge, and then put it in the oven when you are getting close to dinner time. Talk about easy and having dinner actually on time!
check out these awesome casseroles the perfect family dinner recipes:
- CHICKEN TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE
- INSTANT POT THREE BEAN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE
- MOM’S EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE (CHICKEN DIVAN)
- MILLION DOLLAR CASSEROLE
- JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE (BEEF AND BISCUIT CASSEROLE)
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Bake Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded to less than 1/2" thick)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- garlic salt (to taste)
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- 2 cups spinach (rinsed and stems removed)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers (diced)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning, to taste. Set them in a greased 9x13" pan.
- Saute spinach in a Tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until just wilted.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, spinach, red peppers and mozzarella cheese. Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and mixture starts to brown.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.eatwell101.com/spinach-chicken-casserole-recipe
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.