Mexican dishes are one of my favorite things to eat, but I am kind of picky about them. I need there to be a lot of flavor with a little bit of kick and this vegetarian Instant Pot recipe does it perfectly.
Not to mention, I secretly enjoy almost anything in a casserole. No need for extra side dishes and less to clean up. It sounds like a win-win in my book!
My husband is also normally one that loves a good hearty meal, and he loves this recipe, even without meat! The beans in this recipe give you all the protein you need to leave you feeling full and satisfied.
A few of my other favorite meatless Instant Pot recipes are our Instant Pot Cheesy Penne Pasta, Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, and this Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole. All are deliciously flavorful and super simple recipes.
These lists will give you everything you need to make:
Instant Pot vegetarian enchilada casserole ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper (green and red)
- Yellow onion
- Green enchilada sauce
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
- White beans
- Pinto beans
- Corn tortillas
- Colby Jack cheese
If you want to know how to make corn tortillas instead of buying them, find out how to make corn tortillas from Simply recipes.
Here are a few other times you will need for the vegetarian Instant Pot recipe:
TIME TO COOK LIKE A CHEF!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Here is how to make this scrumptious family dinner recipe:
Start by getting all of your ingredients together. Dice up the peppers and onion. Make sure to drain and rinse all of the beans in a colander before using them and cut the tortillas into strips.
Then, plug in the Instant Pot and turn it on the SAUTE setting. Add in the olive oil and diced red and green pepper, and the yellow onion and cook everything until they become soft.
Next, turn off the SAUTE function by pressing the “CANCEL/KEEP WARM” button. Add in the green enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, rice, water, and the zucchini but DO NOT stir everything together, leave it as is.
Once all of that is done, place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock the lid into place and be sure to turn the valve to the “SEALING” position.
To start the Instant Pot press the “MANUAL” or “HIGH PRESSURE” button and set the timer for 4 minutes.
Once the time has run out, turn the knob from “SEALING” to the “VENTING” position to do a quick release and remove the lid one all of the pressure has been released.
After you remove the lid, add in the black beans, white beans, pinto beans, and the can of corn to the Instant Pot and stir everything until it is well combined.
Next, add in the chopped cilantro and shredded Colby jack cheese and begin to fold it into the bean mixture until they are all combined.
Now just the tortilla strips on top and serve it warm with all of your favorite enchilada toppings.
A few Enchilada toppings we suggest:
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Chopped jalapenos
Related recipe: Love enchilada casserole? Try our Green Chile Enchilada Casserole, too.
See how to make this Instant Pot dinner recipe!
We have an amazing YouTube Channel that you have got to check out, especially on Monday’s if you want to know what Kristen is cooking up in the Instant Pot.
She does a new recipe every Monday, walking you through each step so you can make it right along with her.
Take a look at this absolutely divine recipe for Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings! So simple that you’ll probably find yourself done making it a lot sooner than you thought!
Are you looking for something to make for dinner in your Instant Pot? Check these out!
- INSTANT POT HONEY GLAZED HAM
- INSTANT POT MINESTRONE SOUP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT TERIYAKI CHICKEN BOWLS
- EASY INSTANT POT BEEF POT ROAST
- INSTANT POT PARMESAN RANCH CHICKEN AND POTATOES
Instant Pot Three Bean Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup rice
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces white beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces pinto beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces corn 1 can
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot the SAUTE setting and add the olive oil, diced red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and yellow onion and cook until soft.
- Turn off the saute setting by pushing the CANCEL/KEEP WARM button and add the enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, rice, water and zucchini. DO NOT MIX the water and enchilada sauce. Place the lid on the Instant pot, turn the knob to sealing, press the MANUAL
- or PRESSURE COOK button and set the cook time for 4 minutes. After it has completed cooking, turn the knob to VENTING for a QUICK RELEASE.
- Once all the pressure is out, remove the lid and add the black beans, white beans, pinto beans, and corn. Stir until well combined. Add your cilantro, cheese and fold until well combined. Sprinkle your tortilla chips on top.
- Serve with all your favorite enchilada toppings as desired. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot
- Wooden Spoon
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.