Our boy/girl ratio is way off in our family! We lean more to the Disney Princess side of things! But the 3 little boys in our family are huge Avenger fans! (And so are the big boys!!) We brought this darling Captain America fruit platter to a family party and it was a hit with all ages. We served it with our Chocolate Fruit Dip.
Let Get Away Today plan your next California family vacation. You can have a “Meet and Greet” with the Avengers in Tomorrowland’s Innoventions. Walt Disney World Resort has a Super Hero Headquarters in Downtown Disney West Side with all kinds of great merchandise for the Avenger lovers!
Captain America Fruit Platter Recipe
- 1 pound fresh strawberries sliced in half
- 11 ounces angel Food cake Bar
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- Line the outside of a big red plate with halved fresh strawberries. I laid them out every other one in a different direction.
- Slice the angel food cake bar into thirds lengthwise. Trim off all of the brown edge. Using a star cookie cutter cut out a star on one of the long pieces of angel food cake. Try to cut as close to the edge as possible so as not to waste any cake. (I cut 2 stars and stacked them on top of each other in the center of the fruit platter so it would stand out more!) Cube the remaining angel food cake into 1 inch squares.
- Place the cake on the inside of the strawberry ring and be sure to set them in as snug as you can.
- Then place a ring of raspberries, put them as close together as possible.
- Then place the star pieces of cake in the center and place blueberries all around the star.
- If you want your star to stand out more, cut 2 stars and stack them on top of each other.