2.4Getting enough vegetables into my diet has posed to be a real challenge! I love easy recipes like this one that remind me just how easy and delicious making vegetables can be.
The health benefits of broccoli and cauliflower are more than enough to get me to eat this dish. The caramelized texture and flavor of the vegetables after being roasted is just a bonus!
Whether you’re trying to sneak a few more greens into your kids’ diet or your own, these roasted vegetables will quickly become your go-to!
The trick to perfectly roasted vegetables
Roasting your vegetables seems easy enough right? Here are a few tricks to making sure your vegetables come out perfect every time.
- Large Pan – Roasting your vegetables on a large pan is always the best option. We love using these baking sheets, giving the vegetables plenty of room to caramelize and roast.
- Oil – You can use coconut oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil, or whatever else you’d like. Make sure to oil your vegetables generously, coating each one.
- High Oven Temperature – The key to roasting is a high temperature. For some vegetables it’ll be much higher, but for this roasted broccoli and cauliflower, keeping your temperature at 425 is perfect. This will help get the moisture out fast, as opposed to steaming where moisture is trapped. Giving it those delicious crunchy edges.
Fresh Garlic to Garlic substitution Conversion
Don’t have fresh garlic on hand? Don’t fret! Here are a few conversions that can help you out in a pinch.
- 1 garlic clove = 1/2 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1 garlic clove = 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove = 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Roasted Vegetable Recipes
This recipe works great for roasting all kinds of vegetables. Here are a few of our favorite vegetables to roast:
Remove the stems and yellow leaves and place brussels sprouts on the pan like directions state below.
You’ll need to increase the roasting time to 25-30 minutes, or until you can easily stab through the brussels with a fork.
Make sure to check out our FAVORITE BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE.
These will also have to roast a little longer, but sweet potatoes or squash can be easily roasted too!
Here is one of our favorite ROASTED SQUASH RECIPES.
You can actually throw carrots right on the pan with your broccoli and cauliflower. Sprinkle them with a little cheddar cheese at the end for a delicious side dish.
Here is one of our favorite ROASTED CARROT RECIPES.
Red or Yellow Potatoes:
Roasting your potatoes is a great way to keep them from getting to mushy and keeping them crisp.
We love these GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES.
MORE ROASTED VEGETABLES
There really is no better way to cook your vegetables than to roast them to perfection! Here are even MORE of our favorite roasted vegetable recipes:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video, we’re showing you how to roast asparagus, THREE different ways!