I’m one of those people who has always claimed to hate Brussels sprouts, even though I had never tried them. I decided to give them a try and was surprised at how easy they were and how great they tasted! The butternut squash made me a lot less nervous to give them a try, and I was not disappointed. This is the perfect recipe for anyone else who “hates” Brussels sprouts even though they have never tried them. We may just change your mind! 😉
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash in Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This veggie blend of Brussels and Squash is the perfect side dish.
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon White Rice Vinegar
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degreesl Wash Brussels sprouts and remove outside layer of yellow leaves.
- Half Brussels sprouts vertically down center through core, and trim off stem.
- Peel and remove seeds from squash, cut into bite size pieces.
- Place squash, Brussels sprouts, and pecans into large bowl.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, and vinegar.
- Pour mustard mixture over vegetables and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread vegetables and pecans evenly on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are cooked all the way through.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Calories: 211 kcal · Carbohydrates: 21 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 15 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Sodium: 35 mg · Potassium: 679 mg · Fiber: 6 g · Sugar: 4 g · Vitamin A: 13629 IU · Vitamin C: 64 mg · Calcium: 90 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Questions & Reviews