I was doing a cooking presentation with my sisters a few months ago on the Hallmark Channel, and we prepared our Butternut Squash Gratin. I had honestly never tasted butternut squash before that and had no idea what I was missing until then!
I love using pure maple syrup to sweeten things. It has a way of caramelizing everything to perfection!
This roasted butternut squash gets a little crispy on the outside is perfectly soft on the inside. To make this recipe even easier, I used precut butternut squash from the produce section of my grocery store!
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread squash in an even layer on prepared pan and drizzle on olive oil and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, salt and pepper on top.
- Toss squash with hands until completely coated in oil, syrup and seasonings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until squash is golden brown on the outside.
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Sheet
- Non-stick Cooking Spray