Pumpkin pie is a favorite in our family around the holidays so we wanted to create a recipe where we could incorporate the delicious tastes of pumpkin pie and our favorite Disneyland Snickerdoodle cookies in a dish you could even pass this pumpkin snickerdoodle bread with dinner this holiday season.
This recipe is just a fun dessert to make in an instant pot that is a little different than what you are used to. It is considered a quick bread and has the texture of a cake. This Instant pot bread is absolutely delicious.
Instant pot can be used for more than just the main course. Check out our Instant Pot Rolls recipes. It is the perfect addition to any meal!
After you make this quick bread for the instant pot and you are craving some actual snickerdoodle cookies, make sure you take a look at our Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies or our Mom’s Snickerdoodle cookies!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE BREAD?
Pumpkin bread ingredients:
- Large eggs
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Unsalted butter
- Canned Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- All-purpose flour
- Light brown sugar
Essential tools to make bread in Instant pot:
- Instant pot (like THIS one)
- Small loaf pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Basting brush (THESE are great)
To make this Instant pot pumpkin bread in your Instant Pot, you will need a pan or mold like THIS one to have a great outcome.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE BREAD
Begin by getting your mold or pan set up by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. You can find the mold we used HERE.
Next, in a large mixing bowl add in the eggs and sugar and whisk them together until they are well combined. Then, pour in the vegetable oil and the butter (be sure the butter is room temperature) and then add in the canned pumpkin puree and vanilla.
After all those ingredients have been added to the bowl, mix everything together until they are well blended and smooth without lumps.
Next, you need to whisk in the baking powder and salt. Once they have been completely mixed together, gently fold in the flour to the pumpkin mixture. Go to fast you might end up in a cloud of flour.
Once all ingredients have been combined and mixed through, pour the batter into the mold and spread it out evenly through the pan. Cover it tightly with foil.
When going to cook the pumpkin bread in the Instant pot, place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant pot with the handles up. (This is the rack that comes with the Instant pot.) Then pour one cup of water into the bottom of the pot over the trivet.
After this trivet and water are set, lower the pan or mold into the pot and close the lid, make sure it engages so the instant pot will turn on. Then, be sure to turn the know on the lid to the “SEALNG” position.
Now that the lid is set, push the MANUAL button (or PRESSURE COOK) and set the timer for 45 minutes. It will take 15-20 minutes for the Instant pot to pressurize and then the timer will start to count down.
When the timer goes off carefully turn the knob to the “VENTING” position (be aware there will be steam that comes out) to release all of the pressure.
After the pin drops, indicating that all the pressure has been released, open the lid and let the pumpkin snickerdoodle bread sit in there for 10 minutes to cool off and then remove the pan from the Instant pot.
Quickly stir together the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Then, brush the entire loaf of bread (top and sides) with the warm butter and then immediately coat it with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
If you have time you can always make up this cinnamon butter recipe that could add even more depth to the cinnamon-sugar flavors.
Want more Instant Pot Recipes to try?? Take a look at these!
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
Instant Pot Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
Sugar and cinnamon coating:
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Spray a small loaf pan (or another pan/mold that fits inside of the Instant Pot) with non-stick cooking spray. This is the mold we used: https://amzn.to/2WwcXER
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together until well combined.
- Mix in the vegetable oil and room temperature butter, then the pumpkin puree and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Whisk in the baking powder and salt, then gently fold in the flour. Pour the batter into the pan or mold and spread out evenly.
- Place your trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup of water into the pot over the trivet.
- Lower your pan or mold into the pot and close the lid. Turn the knob to SEALING.
- Push the MANUAL button (or PRESSURE COOK) and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn the knob to VENTING to release all of the pressure.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Stir together the sugars and cinnamon. Brush the entire surface and sides of the warm bread with the melted butter, then immediately coat with the cinnamon sugar.
- Instant Pot
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Make your favorite restaurant dishes in your own kitchen!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!