I am a sucker for snickerdoodle anything.
We have our mom’s snickerdoodle cookies (which are our favorite!), snickerdoodle blondies, pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies, and even snickerdoodle ice cream!
But what we were lacking were snickerdoodle cupcakes . . . and these may be my favorite variation yet (frosting makes everything that much better!).
With cupcakes make from scratch and all the flavor of a snickerdoodle cookie, these are hard to resist!
Serves: 24 people
Snickerdoodle Cupcakes Recipe
Snickerdoodle cookies are amazing, but snickerdoodle cupcakes take it to the next level! The cinnamon cream cheese frosting makes these cupcakes amazing!
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups milk
Cream Cheese Cinnamon Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon, mixed together (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 cups on a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and the salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat shortening with electric mixer on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Gradually add 1 2/3 cups sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes longer. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition (this will help make the cupcakes light and fluffy) and then add in the vanilla. Switch the mixer to a low speed, alternately adding the flour mixture and the milk, about 1/2 cup of each at a time. Beat until ingredients are just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin tin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for about 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pan and let finish cooling.
- While the cupcakes are finished cooling, mix together the frosting by putting the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl, cream until smooth. Add in the vanilla, powdered sugar, and cinnamon. Frost each cupcake with the frosting, then top with cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
Calories: 294 kcal · Carbohydrates: 48 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 10 g · Saturated Fat: 4 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 11 mg · Sodium: 180 mg · Potassium: 70 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 36 g · Vitamin A: 133 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 66 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Questions & Reviews