If you love cookies, these Congo Bars are for you!
They are basically a batch of cookies spread out in a pan.
Thick, chewy, and full of chocolate chip goodness.
You can mix in any ingredients you want – M and M’s are one of our favorites!
Ingredients in Congo Bars:
- baking powder
- brown sugar
- milk chocolate chips
How to make Congo Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine butter and brown sugar using a mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time to sugar mixture, mixing on low in between each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined, then fold in chips and pecans.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread batter evenly into dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Do not over bake.