My husband LOVES anything that uses a “Funfetti” cake mix and I knew as soon as I saw these that they would quickly become his favorite.
I was totally right. This is kind of a like a dense cake, which makes it easy to cut up and serve as bars.
Can I replace the white chocolate chips in these Cake Batter Blondies?
This recipe calls for white chocolate chips, just to give it that extra little bit of sweetness.
However, you really don’t need the chocolate chips, if you want to take them out.
Could I use other cake flavors for these Cake Batter Blondies?
This recipe calls for funfetti cake mix. We personally love it the most, and it pairs nicely with just about everything.
However, you could branch out, and switch things up, and try a different cake mix. Here are a few that might taste absolutely delicious:
- strawberry cake mix
- white cake mix
- chocolate or devil’s food cake mix
- lemon cake mix
- carrot cake mix
- cherry chip cake mix
Really you could try any cake mix, but depending on what flavor you choose, we recommend pairing a frosting flavor and color that matches or pairs nicely with your cake mix of choice.
You might also enjoy these blondies:
- Loaded Blonde Brownies
- Thick and Chewy M&M Blondies
- Cake Batter Blondies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
Cake Batter Blondies Recipe
- 15.25 ounces funfetti cake mix 1 box
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick/runny you like it)
- 4 drops red food coloring optional
- ½ cup sprinkles for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 inch glass pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl.
- Add the milk to the bowl slowly, you want the batter to remain as dense as possible.
- Fold in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in pan and spread to the edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (they will be a little soft/gooey in the middle- just let them sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up).
- Cool completely.
- To make frosting, combine all frosting ingredients together in a bowl and frost bars.
- If frosting is too thick, add a little more milk.
Yellow cake mix can be used instead of funfetti cake mix. You will need to add 1/4 cup of sprinkles to the mix. (frosting is optional because these taste amazing without frosting, but I am a serious frosting lover, so I added some and loved the way it turned out).
- 9×13 Inch Baking Dish
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl (2)
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Check out our new cookbook:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews
By the way, I am doing my first ever giveaway--a blog redesign! You should check it out!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
They sound awesome and I would like to bring them to my holiday potluck tmrw but the company is huge so I wanted to have a bit more.