My mom has always made the best snickerdoodles. They are the perfect combination of soft and chewy and taste even better with chocolate and caramel inside! 😉
Serves: 48 people
Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodle Recipe
Our mom's amazing snickerdoodles with a delicious twist!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 48 rolo candies
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, flatten in your palm, place a Rolo in the middle and form a ball around it.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and roll each ball of cookie dough in it then place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft.
Calories: 122 kcal · Carbohydrates: 13 g · Protein: 1 g · Fat: 4 g · Saturated Fat: 2 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 12 mg · Sodium: 84 mg · Potassium: 12 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 7 g · Vitamin A: 69 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 13 mg · Iron: 1 mg