There are a few classic combos that I just can’t live without: red velvet and cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate, ice cream and cake batter. I have professed my love of blondies before, as well as my love of cheesecake, but it didn’t cross my mind to combine the two until now.
The combination of the two is like pure heaven! I don’t know how I have lived without it for so long! I’m sure you’ll love this gooey deliciousness, too!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Blondies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Beat in the 3 eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; blend into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Mix in the 2 remaining eggs.
- Spread 1/2 of chocolate chip dough in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Pour cream cheese batter on top of dough.
- Drop pieces of the remaining chocolate chip batter over filling.
- Don't worry if there are gaps (the batter will spread)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned on the top.
- Let them cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan