Sheet Pan dinners are our favorite find of meals and these Steak Fajitas do NOT disappoint! I love fajitas and am always ordering them every time we go to a Mexican restaurant.
My husband, however, is not a fan. He said Mexican food just isn’t his thing, and never will be. He said he will eat it, but doesn’t enjoy it.
He also told me, just recently, that he has never loved fajitas, so I set out to prove him wrong.
This recipe is so simple and I love that it is made in a sheet pan. Quick, easy and delicious. And for the record, my husband approved. 😉
If you are a busy parent like me, you can use all the simple, delicious, and fast meals you can get. This recipe is just that. You are going to fall in love with these Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas.
Related Recipe: Looking for more Fajitas? Try these Marinated Chicken Fajitas!
What steak works best for these Sheet Pan Steak fajitas?
This recipe specifically calls for flank (or skirt) steak. Flank Steak works best for fajitas because of it’s texture, fat to meat ratio, and thickness.
It’s also very tender, and easy to bite through, which is helpful when eating fajitas, that have loves of filling and topping.
However, you could almost use any steak, and it would still taste delicious. Depending on steak thickness, you may also need to alter the cook time.
What cooking oil, works best when cooking Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas?
Cooking oil can be a touchy subject to some. Some people are way more opinionated about oils, than others. Including me.
I recommend using an olive oil, as the ingredients and instructions explain, in the recipe.
I am a huge fan of the taste and texture it provides when cooking. If you have to use a substitute oil for this recipe, I recommend using an avocado oil.
I wouldn’t recommend using canola, or vegetable oil for this one. The taste may be a little strong, when you bake it.
We have hundreds of recipes on our Youtube Channel.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know you can trust it.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make our recipes.
Looking for more sheet pan recipes?
- Sheet Pan Italian Pork Chops with Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Meatloaf and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables
- Loaded Sweet Pork Sheet Pan Nachos
SHEET PAN STEAK FAJITAS RECIPE
- 2 lbs flank steak thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped (optional topping)
- ¾ cup sour cream (optional topping)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread sliced steak, bell peppers and onion onto a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and toss to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and paprika.
- Sprinkle seasoning mix over meat and vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until meat has reached desired doneness and vegetables are soft.
- Serve on tortillas and top with fresh cilantro, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Baking Sheet
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!