Instant Pot loaded Mac and cheese recipe is probably the best Instant Pot recipe in town. Not to mention that it is an easy family dinner recipe you can make up and know everyone will enjoy.
Don’t just me too much, but sometimes I plan my meals based on if I feel like fighting with my kids to take 3 bites before they can have their peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And let me tell you, this is not a recipe I have to fight anyone on. Everyone digs in as it’s being served.
Plus you can top it off with bread crumbs and bacon, maybe a little green onion for the adults to make it “fancy” and then you have yourself a restaurant quality meal at home. It is perfect for those in the go nights where you know your going to be busy and you need to be able to make a good meal in less than an hour.
Plus this Mac and cheese Instant Pot recipe goes really well with our Instant Pot green beans (yes I do have a second Instant Pot and you should too!), or oven roasted green beans if you don’t have a second Instant Pot. And then of course some delicious easy no bake peanut butter bars for dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Instant Pot Loaded Mac and Cheese Recipe:
- Elbow macaroni
- Chicken broth
- Onion powder
- Dry mustard
- Seasoning salt
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Panko bread crumbs
- Bacon crumbles
How To Make Our Instant Pot Loaded Mac and Cheese Recipe:
To begin making this delicious Mac and cheese, start by getting out your Instant Pot.
Then add in the elbow macaroni, chicken broth, dry mustard, onion powder, pepper, and seasoning salt.
Once all of that is in there, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
Now set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure.
After the time is up do a quick release of the pressure and move the valve to the VENTING position.
Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and add in butter and cream cheese and stir it all together.
Once that is melted, add in the milk and cheese and continue stirring it together and then the noodles are good to go!
To make the crumble, mix the panko crumbs and butter in a medium pan for 2-3 minutes stirring it constantly until it becomes a light golden brown color.
Then just serve your macaroni in a bowl with the bread crumbs topping, crumbled bacon, and chives on top. Or leave them off for your pickier eaters. Either way is completely delicious!
To Make Instant Pot Loaded Mac and Cheese You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is our favorite one!)
- Wooden spoon
- Small pan
Enjoy Flavorful Chicken Broth
I feel like we use a lot of chicken broth for our recipes, so having some on hand is always a great idea! Have you ever made and canned your own chicken broth?
It’s actually quite simple, just a little time consuming. If you don’t already have a favorite recipe, then make sure to take a look at the Taste of Home’s homemade chicken broth recipe and give it a try!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Use Your Instant Pot Even More With Our Amazingly Delicious Yet Simple Recipes:
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet and Tangy Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Instant Pot Loaded Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 2½ cups elbow macaroni
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Panko Bread crumbs
- ¼ cup minced chives
- 6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Add uncooked macaroni, chicken broth, onion powder, dry mustard, seasoning salt and pepper to the pressure cooker.
- Cover, set to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release pressure once cooking time is completed.
- Add cream cheese and butter to the macaroni and remaining water. Mix until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup milk and shredded cheese until cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
- For crumb topping, add butter and bread crumbs to a pan over medium-high heat and cook for a 2-3 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove crumbs from heat and sprinkle on top of macaroni.
- Sprinkle chives and bacon crumbles on top of macaroni and serve.
- Serve your macaroni in a bowl with the bread crumbs topping, crumbled bacon, and chives on top. Or leave them off for your pickier eaters. Either way is completely delicious!
- Instant Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- small pan
This post was included in our EASIEST 30 Minute Meals in the Instant Pot video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.